Misty Gully’s Banquet Bags feature award winning Danish technology that allow you to safely dry age steak, smallgoods and salami safely and quickly without the need of expensive dry ageing chambers or commercial setups. All you need is a fridge and a vacuum sealer!
The material of the bag creates a bond with the natural proteins in the meat, allowing for moisture and oxygen exchange while ensuring the ageing process is free from risk of contamination.
How To Use – Dry Age Steak:
· Select a cut such as boneless strip loin or rib and place it in a Misty Gully Banquet Bag.
· Use a snorkel type or chamber type vacuum heat sealer to draw the air out of the bag and seal the bag. In order for the bag to work effectively, ensure about 70% of the meat is in contact with the bag.
· Carefully place the meat that has been sealed in the Banquet Bag onto a wire rack in a well-ventilated refrigerator (the aging meat must have good airflow around it to age properly).
· It is best to lay the meat side down and the fat side up.
· During the first week a bond will form between the meat and the bag and the colour of the meat will darken.
· The meat should be aged for a minimum of 21 days. During this ageing period the meat will lose about 10 % in weight. The ageing process can be extended as much as the user wants, but usually best results are achieved after around 28-35 days.
· After the desired aging period is completed, the meat can be taken out of the bag and the outer hardened surface must be trimmed before cutting it into steaks.
· The end product should have a distinct smell of fresh meat. This should be in stark contrast to wet-aged meat which is characterized by a distinct lack of smell.
· The taste of the cooked beef is also different. Beef packed in a Misty Gully Banquet Bag has a unique taste, characterised by strong beef flavour, with buttery and nutty undertones. The fat, if present, especially has the taste of the air-dried beef. Wet aged beef has a lack of flavour and has an elastic fat crust.
Safety – Banquet Bags create a unique micro-climate and microbiologically safe environment for each product, reducing the risks from cross contamination. When the bag bonds with the meat, risks from external bacteria and organisms coming into contact with the product are also eliminated.
Yield – yield is improved through consistency and simplicity. The technology of the bags that allow for the moisture and oxygen exchange lead to even ageing times and better yield optimization.
Flavour – the natural flavours from the meat are enhanced and improved, with further butter and nut like characteristics becoming present – desirable quality in dry aged meat.
Texture – natural enzymatic activities improves the tenderness of meat aged using Misty Gully Banquet Bags.
Smell – meat aged in Banquet Bags is characterised by having an attractive fresh smell, in stark contrast with wet-aged meats, which can lack small or smell unpleasant.
Economy – dry ageing meat in Misty Gully Banquet Bags significantly upgrades the quality and marketability in assisting to create a desirable and marketable premium end product. Furthermore, the bags are extremely economical when compared to expensive dry ageing facilities and other dry curing chambers on the market.
Simplicity – Misty Gully Banquet Bags are easy to use. Traditional air-dry ageing methods can require more careful monitoring and control. The process is faster and yield optimization is improved as Banquet Bags ensure equal dry ageing for every product.
Wholesale packaging format: Bags of 50 units
Nutritional Content: n/a
Product Ingredient Statement: n/a
Country of Origin: Denmark
Storage: Clean, dry conditions at ambient temperatures below 25c and 75% relative humidity.
Lay flat size: 50-600 mm – tolerance ±1 mm
Calibre: 32-380 mm
Wall thickness: 40-80μ
Temperature: -40°C – 140°C
Density: Typical Value 1.04 g/cm³ Standard: ISO R1183
Melting Point: 170°C Standard: ASTM D 3418
Additional Information: Banquet Bags are a non-edible product used in the Food Industry. Banquet Bags are not a packaging material. They enable a dry ageing process which improves safety and yields, closed against unwanted air-born bacteria.
Retail packs are also available, complete with instructions.